Saturday, April 2, 2011

chair love~

I just love old chairs, I love the character and style of an old chair; the story they hold. 

When my Mom passed away and we cleaned out her house, there were 3 chairs that I always loved and knew right away I had to have them.  They are old chairs; she aquired them from my grandparents.

The first one is a tiny one; she's a doll with cute little curves.


I love the drip of old turquois colored paint; I would love to have found out how that got there.

Her poor little seat is worn and cracked. I could see her painted a pretty cream color, giving her new life, but for the life of me I can't cover her up; I love her imperfections.


Next was the rocking chair, I have loved loved loved this chair. I love her curved legs and how smooth she rocks; I can't imagine how many night she rocked babies to sleep. I love the nail heads along the front. 


Her seat is worn and crackled and the spring are shot. I would love to find someone to replace her seat so that she looked brand new.





  And finally here is this beauty.

She sits in my sewing room. I remember my Mom always had this chair in her bedroom.



I just love her detail on her legs.


I just love old vintage chairs, they usually have such pretty details. Usually when I got to Goodwill, or an estate auction, I gravitate right to the chairs, even though my hunny says, "no more chairs"! 

Take care....Jodi 
Pin It

2 comments:

Carolyn @ Adrift on the Lake said...

Such pretty chairs and how very special that they came from your mother!

I am the same with dishes... I gravitate to any dish in any store and my hubby says "no more dishes!" LOL

Thanks for visiting my blog and I am now following yours and looking forward to more posts! Since we are both in Iowa, especially the same area, maybe one of these days we'll bump into each other!

Heather said...

Oh, I love a good chair!