Saturday, April 2, 2011

chair love~

I just love old chairs, I love the character and style of an old chair; the story they hold. 

When my Mom passed away and we cleaned out her house, there were 3 chairs that I always loved and knew right away I had to have them.  They are old chairs; she aquired them from my grandparents.

The first one is a tiny one; she's a doll with cute little curves.


I love the drip of old turquois colored paint; I would love to have found out how that got there.

Her poor little seat is worn and cracked. I could see her painted a pretty cream color, giving her new life, but for the life of me I can't cover her up; I love her imperfections.


Next was the rocking chair, I have loved loved loved this chair. I love her curved legs and how smooth she rocks; I can't imagine how many night she rocked babies to sleep. I love the nail heads along the front. 


Her seat is worn and crackled and the spring are shot. I would love to find someone to replace her seat so that she looked brand new.





  And finally here is this beauty.

She sits in my sewing room. I remember my Mom always had this chair in her bedroom.



I just love her detail on her legs.


I just love old vintage chairs, they usually have such pretty details. Usually when I got to Goodwill, or an estate auction, I gravitate right to the chairs, even though my hunny says, "no more chairs"! 

Take care....Jodi 
Pin It

2 comments:

Carolyn said...

Such pretty chairs and how very special that they came from your mother!

I am the same with dishes... I gravitate to any dish in any store and my hubby says "no more dishes!" LOL

Thanks for visiting my blog and I am now following yours and looking forward to more posts! Since we are both in Iowa, especially the same area, maybe one of these days we'll bump into each other!

Heather- Extra Frosting Please said...

Oh, I love a good chair!