Friday, December 31, 2010

christmas and what i got for christmas~

I hope you all had a very merry christmas and are looking forward to a very happy new year! I am off work today for my holiday, which is really nice because it is nasty outside; snow, sleet, ice and blowing winds.  It has been a lazy day of not doing much, but I did make some banana bread; yum!

Christmas Eve was wonderful, I host the 24th for my 2 brother's and their families, my nephew (from a brother that has passed away) and his wife and a niece( from another brother that is no longer with us). Since both my parents are gone also, and I am the only girl, I take over the duty of hosting Christmas Eve. I love it and wouldn't have it any other way. We have the traditional meal that my Mom always made: oyster stew, chili soup, and ham; lots of snacks and wonderful company!















This is one of my brother's with his daughter, Taylor



 The weather started out kind of iffy and I was worried that my Nephew and his wife were not going to be able to make it since they come the farthest, but they made it!

So here are a few more looks around the house before everyone came. This is my bay window in the dining area. I used three wreaths with torn muslin bows.

This my little tree in the kitchen. I found the crate at a store on sale for $12, filled it with burlap and a few ornaments and a red sled. The tree is decorated with cheap (and I mean really cheap-like $1.00) ornaments I got from Target.


One of the Target ornaments, I actually got this last year.


Silver jingle bells and silver and white ornaments.



I love the pinecones, I just added some fresh greenery.


I took my old blue jars and filled them with white sand and added a votive, these lined the sidewalk from the driveway to the back door, it was beautiful at night!

I made this white chocolate popcorn,.....oh my gosh, this stuff is addictive and so easy!

This is us on Christmas Day! Ready to head to hunny's parent's house. Merry Christmas!

This was my table centerpiece. Yes, I am out of order, ooops. :) I used the apothacary jar that my Sis in Law got for me and just added a few new pieces and some 99cent votives that look like mercury glass from Target and some greens.

This was so pretty  and so easy!


This year we didn't do alot of gifts, well except Beka got a bunch, but that's because she is spoiled, and we love her! :)  But this is what I got,......

I LOVE snowmen and love to collect them, so I got a snowman necklace(sorry it's blurry).


I also LOVE Philosophy body wash, my inlaws gave me this with some cash taped to the front! :)


I got some Life Is Good socks, they are so snuggley warm!


I got some Northface gloves! Yahhhh!


Besides some really great gifts and a few extra pounds.....make that a more that a few extra (that popcorn was really yummmy!) I also got pluerisy; it's the inflamation of the lining around the lungs.  I started out with a cold and this is what I ended up with; yah, Merry Christmas; not a fun Christmas present. I am getting better, I think, I don't cough as much and am able to sleep thru the night, with medicine of course! :)

This has turned into a really long entry, so I am off to make hot wings for our quiet New Year's Eve; I am sure we will probably be in bed before the new year! 

Happy New Year!!!! Cheers!
Jodi 
Pin It

1 comment:

Shannon said...

I Jars with votives in them look so pretty :)