Sunday, February 17, 2013

lately~

Well....hello there.
etsy
I know.....it's been along time.
 
I have been thinking about this place
alot lately, but everytime
I sit down to the computer,
i don't know what to say.
 
It's been crazy around here lately.
I struggle with the duties of the Mom and the Dad; with my
hun working away so far.
I miss him, and wish that he were here,
but I know that this is what we have to do.
I am so proud of him. He works so hard
putting in very, very long hours in the
cold and being away from us for weeks at a time.

aren't we cute in our plaid shirts....he didn't think so! :)
 
 
I struggle with trying to do everything and
hoping I am being the best Mom that I can be.
 
I know, I need to realize, that I can't do everything,
but I sure like to try! :)
 
I have not done any crafting, and hardly
any decorating around the house.
Christmas was sparse and Valentine's Day
was non exsistant.
I am lucky to get my laundry done and my
house cleaned. I guess I am in a "funk", I am
tired of winter, maybe a bit of the "winter blues",
So, I am trying to pick myself
back up and kick it into gear!
 
 
I have been working on the Etsy shop .
I am excited to work on some new
pillows. New designs and some of my
very own typography.
 
I am also trying to get my butt in gear and get
back into shape.
 
My sweet hun gave me a super
cool camera for Christmas. It's a DSLR, but its
a new mirrorless camera, so it's smaller.
telling me about this.
I am taking some classes  to
learn how to use this baby!
 
My sweet girl had her Winter Formal at school.
I am also very proud of her too. She has grown
up so much and has become such a beautiful girl inside
and out. 
They had so much fun!
 
Oh, and I can't forget you know who.....
 
 
Miss Bailey dog is keeping us busy too, she LOVES the snow and
has taken a liking to the loveseat!
 
take care....
jodi
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 

Pin It

5 comments:

Brooke @ Silver Lining said...

Love that hello pillow! And all the pillows in your etsy shop, really.

Dawn said...

It is so hard to make the adjustment when you have to be both parents. I feel for you:) It does get easier, and somehow becomes the norm. I am also one who does it all and can't rest until it is all done. Your daughter is just darling and all her friends. I bet they had a great time. Hang in there, it will get easier!!

Sheri said...

awesome post Jodi. Your daughter is beautiful - love the pic of you and your husband. I need to order pillows. xoxo

~Damita's Pretty Wrap~ said...

Your new pillows in your shop are great! Love the "hello" one! I'm totally ready for spring too, we have snow in our forecast all week though. Ah...I need to get back in shape too! Are those brooks shoes? I use those kind too! :) Your daughter is beautiful and Miss Bailey looks like she's having a blast in the snow! :) Jerry loves it too! Happy new week! xo Holly

Sam | Away She Went said...

I love the new pillows in your shop!

Bailey is so cute! I love the pictures of her playing in the snow. I wish we got a little snow around here because I know our dogs would love it! Of course they love sleeping on the couch too...